It’s Back to School for most of us and time for those quick snacks and breakfast options for the kiddos. As my daughter starts kindergarten I am challenged with finding healthy options that are easy to prepare and tasty.
If your kid’s enjoy peanut butter here is a simple snack to enjoy.
APPLE SLICES WITH PEANUT BUTTER (Stephanie Gallagher)
- 2 apples
- 3-4 Tbsp. peanut butter, chocolate peanut butter or chocolate soy nut butter
- 2 Tbsp. granola
- Wash and core apples. Slice crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- Spread nut butter over apple slices.
- Sprinkle granola over top
Unfortunately, my daughter doesn’t like peanut butter but she does enjoy apples and oatmeal. I found this as a great breakfast option.
CROCKPOT OATMEAL WITH APPLE AND HONEY ( Stephanie Gallagher )
- 1-1/2 cups oats
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups milk, half and half or cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, peeled and diced
- honey for drizzling
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place oats, water, milk, brown sugar and cinnamon in Crockpot. Cover and set on low. Cook at least 6 hours, up to 12 hours.
- About an hour before serving, add diced apples to the slow cooker. Stir, cover and cook another hour or so.
- To serve, drizzle with honey, and garnish with more chopped apples, if desired.
And best of all, it feeds four which allows us to have breakfast together!
Hoping you enjoy!